Back from the Beach

Hi all. After nearly a week off from blogging, I'm back in force. Adam, Shane and I drove from Atlanta to Destin, FL last week. We spent 3 days enjoying the area. We played in the sandy and braved strong waves in the ocean. Shane didn't like the salty water when it got in his mouth, but he had quite a good time making and crashing sandcastles. Adam's parents treated us to meals at some of the local favorites including Graffiti and Fudpuckers. Shane particularly enjoyed having ice cream all 3 days! We even found an actual Dippin' Dots store. They had over 20 flavors to choose from. We were in Dot Heaven.

I'm waiting for all the vacation pics to be uploaded. Here is one we took on Saturday night of Shane trying out a kayak.


I convinced Adam there would enough room in the rental car for me to bring my scrapbooking stuff. I got a ton of supplies in my rolling bag, but I barely touched them! By the time we got Shane to bed, I was exhausted and didn't have the energy or creative juices to do much. I managed to complete 1 layout while I was there. It's ironic because it used pictures from the Blaiss family trip to San Francisco in 2007. It's based on this sketch by Valerie Salmon, and uses Red Journal Kraft Kuts Paper by Fancy Pants.

My plan had been to visit 2 scrapbooking stores in the Destin/Ft. Walton Beach area. I made it to A Scrap in Time with a slight (30 mile) detour on the way to the hotel Thursday afternoon. It was a short visit with Adam and Shane waiting in the car. Nice store, lots of products. I was specifically looking for any CHA Summer 09 releases, and they, sadly, had none. I didn't make it to the 2nd store on my list, Croppin' Corner. Oh Well! The good news is when I checked the EMI blog this morning, there was a post saying the new 3 Bugs in a Rug lines had shipped. Susan and Co will be at CKC Charlotte this weekend (I'm jealous) so I don't know when I'll get to see them in person. There are some super-cute papers.

That's all for now. Look for layouts in the next day or two!
Carly

PS - I'm trying out something new. A weekly shopping update. I'll plan to review the deals and steals for Michaels, Joann, Hobby Lobby, Archiver's, and 2 Peas in a Bucket.

0 comments: