Destin, Magazines and A Scrapbook Retreat

Hey all. It's been a couple weeks since the family was in Destin, and we finally got the pictures uploaded and organized. Here is my favorite.






















My plan is to make my first mini-book album with pictures of Shane at the beach. The rest I'll incorporate into scrap pages.

On my shopping trip to EMI earlier this week, I picked up the supplies for the mini book. I had planned to use papers from MME's Breaking Free line which is a summer/beach theme, but I was concerned about how hard it would be to work with the heavier weight cardstock. Also, the papers have cool prints, but they all have a faded/distressed feel, and I wanted to go with more vibrant colors that will pop off the page. Bo Bunny's Mango Luau and Calypso lines seemed just right. I also grabbed some summery papers from Piggy Tales. I can't wait to share it with you.

While perusing the latest issue of Scrapbook Trends magainze, I kept pausing on the layouts done by Davinie Fiero. She does beautifully detailed work. See what I mean:






















This layout was made using the brand new Abbey Road line from Pink Paislee. It should also get you in the Halloween spirit. Adam and I have already picked out Shane's costume, but it's a secret! You can check out more of Davinie's work at her 2 Peas online gallery.

Another layout that caught my eye was in the final issue of Memory Makers. The layout uses the Pink Paislee Fetching and Captivating lines, and was made by Debby Schuh. I love how Debby used 2 sides of the coordinating diecut paper to make the banner at the top by overlapping the edges.























I had to make my own version immediately. The basic structure of my layout uses the same papers and dimensions. I changed to a 4 photo collage and have several different embellishments. It was great opportunity to use my first set of Glitter Thickers. They bring an amazing element to the page, but I see where you could overdo it! I'll share the finished project soon.

That brings me to the last part of the post. This weekend I'll be going to my first ever scrapbooking retreat. My friend, Cyndy, has gone a couple of times, and encouraged me to come. She and her are going to room together at the retreat, which is being held at a hotel in Helen, GA. Helen is a cute little town, and they have an LSS if we have forgotten any supplies. I'll be bringing my camera and my entire scrapbooking stash! Look for stories and pictures next week. Have a great weekend!

0 comments: