Scrapping Stupor

I'm back from the retreat, and barely conscious. Not only did I stay up till 2AM on Friday night, I spent 10 hours scrapping on Saturday, and another 3 on Sunday. Can you say overload? The retreat was great. Our host, Donna Gibbs, did a fantastic job. There were goodies, freebies, and contests, home-cooked meals, and a fun atmosphere. My tablemates, Cyndy, Mimi, and Lanae, kept me laughing and inspired. I finished the weekend with 5 projects in various states of doneness. I made 4 layouts: history, about the trip Adam and I took to DC in 2007; welcome to springfield, about when Adam and James went to the Quik-E-Mart; Whoo's a Cutie, adorable summer pictures of Shane and owl-themed papers, and an unnamed projects exclusively made with Basic Grey's June Bug line. My big accomplishment was getting started on a 5 page mini-book with pictures of Shane playing at the beach. I am using Bo Bunny Calypso and Mango Luau papers. It looks super cute, and I can't wait to share the finished product.

The retreat was a great opportunity to see all kinds of techniques and tools Lots of people had the "baby" Cricut or Expression. I also saw a Slice, and tons of different stamps, glitters and acrylic paints. Cyndy bought a Crop-a-Dile on her way up and used it to punch holes in my chipboard album and set eyelets on a layout. It was a great by for only $10 at Walmart. I attempted to break out my stamps and inks on Saturday. It was a dismal failure. The cross-hatched border stamp wouldn't hold ink, and I only played with 1 acrylic stamp. I'm pretty much at the point where I know stamps are not my thing. I did try some neat things with Crystal Stickles.

I was very proud of myself since I didn't buy tons of stuff. Donna is a Creative Memories consultant, and she brought tons of different products to the retreat. I picked up a zip mesh bag perfect for holding tools or embellishments, and a pair of CM's famous all purpose scissors. We stopped in a the LSS in Helen called Scrapbugz. The owner was super sweet and very knowledable. She had the new Fatherhood and Motherhood 97% complete stickers from 7 Gypsies, so I had to get those. I tried out some rub-ons from Kaisercraft - not a good experience - and got some of my favorite art markers, Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust. They recommended the clear one, and it's awesome. My last goodie was a gift from Cyndy. She belongs to MemoryWorks, and ordered a few of their monthly page kits. I really liked the PP and embellies. It was so sweet of her to give it to me.

It took me nearly an hour to pack up all my supplies and another hour to unpack when I got home. I didn't even think about scrapping last night, but I think I'll regain my motivation later this week. My #1 thing to do is take pictures of all my new work so I can share it with you.

Have a great week.

0 comments: