That beautiful USPS Priority Box

There it was. Finally! Waiting on my door step as I pulled into the driveway this afternoon. That long awaited (9 days) package delivered straight from Mecca aka 2 Peas in a Bucket's warehouse in Wisconsin. I already know what's inside when I crack it open. Those silly popcorn styrofoam thingies that will never biodegrade with not many scrapbooking products in between. No matter how much I spend there, the box seems to dwarf it's contents.

Today's delivery included papers and cardstock stickers from Sassafras Lass, as well as an 8 page sticker book from American Crafts for this season's Halloween line. It was worth the wait, but as soon as I deliver all these items to their rightful home in my semi-organized dining room which is currently doing double-duty as the scrap room, it feels like I didn't even get anything new. I'm an addict. Some is never enough! You scrappers out there know exactly what I mean. There is always something new and cooler coming out. Or a new designer who's exclusive line you HAVE to have. Sigh....it's a love-hate relationship.

After all this hemming and hawing I'm sure you'd like to know if I've bothered to actually make anything with these hallowed items I seem to hoard rather than put to their rightful use. Well, as a matter of fact it's been quite a productive week. I can't share 2 very fine (if I do say so myself) layouts that I will be submitting for guest designer calls. I can share the pics I've taken of the Destin mini book. Beware, it's still a work in progress.

This is a 6x6 mini book built on basic chipboard pages cut with a Sizzix. The papers and embellishments are a combination of Bo Bunny and Imaginecse. I also mixed in some things from my stash and rub-ons from Piggy Tales. Enjoy!

Thanks for looking and enjoy the holiday weekend.

0 comments: