Construction Zone

In my brief history of scrapbooking, I don't think I've ever had this many projects going at once. 2 layouts, a mini book, an accordion album, an altered project and products scattered all over the place. I'm not very good about documenting my works in progress or my scrap space. It's something I want to do more often. Last night I got finally got the camera out.

This is my workspace at the moment.


Last week Peggy talked me into trying my hand at an altered project. The challenge was to create a banner or pennant with a Halloween theme. Here's my entry.


This is a little mini book I started with pictures of Shane this summer.


This past week I got 2 kits I ordered. The first is a Halloween accordion album from Eclectica Scrapbooking in Memphis. I've got it about 50% assembled.


This is the big one I've been waiting for! It's Christine Middlecamp's Adoring Autumn mini book. Right at Home Scrapbooking put it together.


Here are the products I've picked up recently. The November Scrapbook Trends is in the bottom left. I'd already put away Cosmo Cricket Nutmeg papers and chipboard and Bo Bunny Gypsy papers from EMI, 7 Gypsies vintage ephemera, a Basic Grey Two Scoops collection pack.


Scrappers love to show off their storage solutions. I've been working in the dining room, which Adam is not happy about. This is my current setup.

I'm refrain from further vertical growth. I'll be moving to the living room after we add some shelving units and furniture. The unit on the bottom is called an iCube. It came from Costco, and was a great buy for $50. Everyone seems to struggle with how to organize and store their paper. I've settled on these 12x12 3-drawer sets. They are readily available. The retail is $19.99, but I try to buy them from Hobby Lobby or Joann when they are 40-50% off. I'm organizing system is strictly my preference. I have drawers exclusively dedicated to Basic Grey, cardstock and Sassafras Lass (there is Cosmo in there too.) I have one drawer that's a catch all for new paper lines I haven't used yet, and one drawer for all papers I've used for at least 1 project and will probably use again. I keep the scraps from each paper line together with the unused papers. This is easier for me than having to hunt through a scrap drawer or box.

Check back for some layouts I've completed and the finished Summer Fun mini book. Thanks for reading.

0 comments: