Giving it my all

Over the past two months, I've created over 20 layouts and 2 8-page mini books. None of them have felt like work, but a few were a bit arduous. I've had the opportunity to exchange projects and ideas with awesome designers like Christine Middlecamp, Jana Eubank, Lori Gentile, and Andrea Friebus as well as my Canadian penpal, Peggy Pilgrim, and my Archiver's buddy, Kathy Valerio. It's been my privilege to create a weekly post for TheEverydayScrapper, and to design layouts for EMI Scrapbooking here in Atlanta. All of these experiences have inspired me tremendously, and helped me to produce some of my best work to date (at least in my humble opinion.) I'd like to share some work that I have not previously published on my blog with you now.

This is a layout I made for EMI using My Mind's Eye Abbey Road Stomp papers and chipboard. It is inspried by Trisha La Douceur, who is a member of the Prima and MME design teams and will be visiting EMI in November.


These photos were all taken within Shane's first 2 weeks of life. The photo below the title was the first time I held him after the delivery. The project had a bumpy start, but the photos were too important to me to leave it unfinished. The end result is quite "sweet." I used Sassafras Lass' Sweet Marmalade collection. The background paper is Core'dinations Gemstones. The flowers are Prima e Line.


The picture I used for this next layout is my very favorite from our first trip to the beach with Shane this past August. I've been saving it for just the right project. The design was inspried by the cover of Scrapbook Trends July 2009 issue. My layout is quite different, but the central element of the Making Memories lace circle cutout is exactly the same as the original. The papers are Basic Grey June Bug, Scribble Scrabble Lullabye of Birdland, and a Sassafras border strip. The title transparency is from the Fancy Pants Rough and Tough line.


This is the first layout I created with pictures from my pregnancy. I used the August line from Marks Papers in combination with Jillibean Soup. I used stickers from 7 Gypsies 97% Complete Motherhood and a Prima Pebble from the Tropics line.


These pictures are very special to me. Both were taken the day after Shane was born, in my hospital room. I created a minimalistic design to keep the focus on the photographs. The sticker framed in the chipboard reads "you are an unrepeatable miracle." It's from 7 Gypsies Unique stickers. When I saw it, I couldn't think of anything more appropriate to say.


This is another layout I created for EMI. The papers are from Graphic 45's Transatlantique line. I've never worked with their papers before, and I was very nervous about how to pair the pictures with Graphic 45's distinctive designs.


If you are a frequent visitor to my blog, you've probably noticed most of my layouts are focused on my family and my son. I know I need to do a better job of taking pictures with friends. My oldest and dearest friend, Kelly, recently moved out of the country with her husband and their 4 month old daughter, whom I haven't had a chance to meet. I don't think I'll see them for several years, and that makes me sad. In honor of their depature and my friendship with Kelly, I created this layout. The oldest picture is from 1997, but we've been friends since 8th grade.


Sometimes the sketch I follow and the products I use are irrelevant. The reason why I scrapbook is simply to remember the moments and people who are special to me. I hope you've enjoyed this tour of my work. There is plenty more to come.

Thanks for reading.

0 comments: