Keeping busy

I feel like I've accomplished a lot in the past week! I completed the Time Flies and Expecting layouts, as well as a new LO for EMI using Graphic45 Transatlantic papers. You can see Expecting over on the TES blog. I didn't do much shopping this week, but I placed my big 2 Peas. I'm hoping to see that early next week.

Kathy and I are meeting up tomorrow at Archiver's for Scrap Mania. I'll be starting a few projects including a scraplift of this layout by Lori Gentile.

It's for my latest TES Featured Scrapper interview. Typically I work from sketches, but they have not been inspiring me lately. Instead I've really been into scraplifting. The last 4-5 projects I have done have been based on other scrapper's work. It's a common practice in the scrapper world, and it's important to me to give credit to the designer who inspired my work.

Here are 2 interesting challenges over at scrapbook.com
October Cosmo Cricket Challenge -- Show me your Best Work with CC!!! All LOs must be 95% CC but you may create them any way you like. Show me what you got. Inspire me with your best work and win a fabulous prize and get featured on CC Blog.
October Crate Paper Challenge - The only requirement is that 70% of your layout must be Crate Paper products.

I haven't done challenges in the past, but since these are 2 of my favorite manufacturers and I've got new product from both, I think I'll try my hand at them. For the Crate challenge, I'm planning to use new papers from the Seasons line.

Cosmo Cricket has a super cute line called Nutmeg coming out this week. I'm just waiting for the order to arrive at EMI.


I've also got my eye on the Chic Bebe collection pack from GCD Studios at Michael's

The pack includes some neat glittered and die cut papers, as well as a sheet of glittered alphas and die-cut journaling spots. I think it would be perfect for some layouts I'm planning of my new nephew, Eli.

I hope you have lots of fun scrapbooking projects on the horizon. If you're feeling a bit of scrappers-block (which I've been very fortunate not to have experienced) just think about all those great Halloween pictures you'll be taking in only 22 days. But I'm not really counting.....

1 comments:

AndreaFriebus said...

Looking forward to seeing your scraplift. Lori's layout is gorgeous!