My baby is 18 month old!

In honor of Shane's 18 month birthday on September 19th, I created this 2 page spread. You see alot of this still of layout celebrating a child's past year of growth. Shane @ 1 was a ton of fun for me to create, and I really enjoyed the space a had to work with by making it a double pager.

The concept for the page came from the layout Oct '06 by Maggie Holmes. I wanted to use some PP from the BG Periphery paper pack I picked up on clearance at Hobby Lobby. The vintage look along with the subtle blues, greens and yellows combined nicely with the Making Memories die cut paper I'd been hoarding for quite some time. All of the red accents came from Sassafras components including border strips, red paper flower, journaling sticker, chipboard, journaling cards, little boy cutout from the Anthem line, and the dimensional button flowers.



I chose to photograph these pages individually to get a better view of the details. What you loose is the continuity of the page. Because I did not have pictures that spanned the page break, I needed to include several paper and embellishment components that would serve as that bridge. I also had the diecut paper, but if I had left it plain there would have been far too much white space. The first element I added was the blue ribbon. It looked kind of lonely, so I added some border stickers from Basic Grey, and a Sassafras border strip I enhanced with red and yellow buttons. That blended nicely with the large journaling sticker I used as a photo mat for the photo inside the circular cutout.

This layout includes quite a large number and variety of products. The last few I want to point out are from my "special stash." These are things I hoard and use quite sparingly. The blue and green vintage flower on the left side above the photos and the yellow flower in the layered emebllishment on the left side both came from Hero Arts. The one on the left is accented with a fabric covered brad from K and Company.

I've decided to create similar projects like this to commemorate Shane's future growth. Someday the collection will make a really great album. Thanks for reading.

1 comments:

AndreaFriebus said...

Love that Anthem paper. What a happy, adorable little boy you have! That Shane is gonna break some hearts one day. This is such a great double page layout. I'm drooling over all the special little embellishments you used.