A good day

You know when you have a day that's going to be all to yourself and you have all these things you hope to do? Well, I had one of those yesterday. And it turned out to be as good if not better than I had hoped. It started with Adam leaving early in the morning for a brief one night trip. I spent some good QT (quality time) with Shane in the morning. We went to Target and shared a snack in the Starbucks. He sat in a big person chair and looked very grown up. I have my parents to thank for giving me the afternoon and evening off.

Of course my day was going to be mostly scrapbooking. I made a quick stop at Joann. There weren't any products calling my name, but I had a 50% Michael's coupon burning a hole in my pocket. This week magazines are not on sale, and they are one of the few places that will let you use coupons on them. I've had my eye on a seasonal Stampington publication called Somerset Memories.

It's regularly $15, and I picked it up for $8 after taxes. They have a variety of papercrafting, mixed media and other magazines. This one focuses primarily on scrapbooking and comes out twice per year.

It was a rainy all day and perfect weather to be inside scrapping. My best scrapbooking friend, Kathy, came to my house to check out my scrap space (not very impressive) and to let me play with her new Gypsy for the Cricut (complicated!) EMI Scrapbooking hosted a free crop, and we spent the rest of the evening there scraping, snacking and enjoying some great company.

Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of the things I worked on last night, I can share a layout I started at last week. It appears Pink Paislee's Fetching, Fascinating and Captivating lines which were released in Spring 2009 are one of my most used paper lines. This is about my 5th layout using those products. The amazing thing is I still have some left!

I'll be sharing some details about how this layout came into being on my Sunday Sketch post at The Everyday Scrapper. Check over here Sunday morning.

While participating in the Halloween Banner Challenge during 2 Peas' Stamptoberfest, I was introduced to another kind of papercrafting that uses vintage ephemera and collage. Scrappers are probably familiar with ATCs or Artist Trading Cards. These typically include many stamped, painted or inked elements in addition to vintage papers and photographs. There is a whole world of information and artists showing their work out of the internet. As I learn more I'll share it here. These are some examples I just love:

This is an ATC made by Kris Dickinson. She has some amazing things at her blog. She also has a Halloween blog, which I totally love.

To jump start my creations, I ordered some collage sheets and a kit from ARTchix Studios.

I'm also looking forward to trying some papers from 7Gypies Gypsy Market collection. Stayed tuned!

I hope you have a Happy Halloween no matter what your plans. Even if you don't celebrate the holiday, take a few pictures and eat a piece of candy (or two or three or four). Thanks for reading.

0 comments: