Weekly Shopping Update

I know it doesn't make much sense to have a "weekly" update on the first day of the week, but I slacked some last week and here's my attempt to make up for it. Part of the reason why there was no update was because I'm finding it increasingly more difficult to justify purchases at Joann's and Michael's. What?! Nothing to buy at a craft store? Well these are the Big Box stores, and they just are getting it done for me. In fact, I'm happy for this lull. It has allowed me to focus on some really wonderful specialty products.

In my recent blog posts you may have noticed I'm using glitter glue more. There are several companies who make scrapbooking glitter glue. Be forewarned not all are archival safe. The most popular and most expensive products are from Ranger Industries. You know how there are words in our vocabulary that are brands but when you say them, people just know what product you mean? Kleenex and Band-aids come to mind. In scrapbooking, Stickles is one of those words.

These distinctive products come in several varieties including plain Stickles, Tim Holtz' Distress Stickles, and Suze Weinberg's Glitz Stickles. I typically buy mine at Michael's or Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon. The selection is limited. If you are looking for the rainbow of colors, go with Archiver's, a LSS or online retailer like 2 Peas.

I purchased these Hero Arts vintage flowers from Archiver's.

They are pricey at $3.99 for 24 flowers, but I love their look. Combining them with fabric flowers and a fabric or glitter brad to take a layout from pretty to gorgeous. Make these flowers last longer by pairing them with some Prima eLine florals. These are some of my favorites.
.
They are a great deal at $1.50 each. See the entire line at 2 Peas.

Some of you may know about my passion for Sakura Gelly Roll pens. They aren't cheap at $1.50 each or $20 for 10, but they add a distinctive look to any project. They are an indulgence I picked up from Christine Middlecamp. My favorite are the Stardust.

They are similar to metallic pens, but have a more delicate and glittery shimmer. One of the must haves is the Clear Stardust pen. It's perfect for tracing or outlining when you want to give something a distinctive edge. You can buy those in 2 packs at Joann and Archivers. I also have some of the shadow pens. They are available in gold and silver, and have a very cool effect.

Sakura has 2 lines, Glaze and Souffle, which offer a 3-dimensional look. I've played around with them without much success. It's recommended they be used on NON-Porous surfaces such as glass, glossy paper or ceramic.

EMI is expecting to receive all their Basic Grey papers and Cosmo Cricket's latest, Nutmeg, this week. When I was at Archiver's scrap mania on Saturday, I found a display for Basic Grey's Nook and Pantry line. I believe this will be their last for 2009.


Last but not least, if you're in the market for more scrapbooking and craft supply organization, Joann has all their storage 50% off this week.

Happy shopping and thanks for reading.

0 comments: