A new scrap space

Last Friday marked the beginning of the creation of my very own scrap space. It won't be private. It won't have a door. I'll share the room with dog and baby. But the first big item is installed. My very own Ikea Expedit.

This bookcase seems to be the preferred choice for organization by scrapbookers. We've placed it in our living room. I'll use about 1/2 of the sections, and the other half will be filled with family photos/memorabilia and Shane's toys. This is the beginning of the slow transformation of this room into a usable space instead of the single unused room in our house. Adam is waiting for me to select a desk or table for my crafting. We have some similarly colored bookcases already, so they will most likely stay. My guess is the remainder of the open space will be filled with small children's toys for many years to come.

1 comments:

AndreaFriebus said...

Cool shelving unit, but what's with this comment: "My guess is the remainder of the open space will be filled with small children's toys for many years to come." WHAT!!?? Girlfriend, with the way you've been shopping, you'll have those shelves filled up by next month!! (don't mind me, I'm just jealous.)