Shane having fun!

There is never a dull moment when you're with Shane. Now that he's over a year and a half, his personality, quirks and preferences shine through more every day. This is emphasized by the fact that he is now clearly articulating what he wants verbally. His vocabulary and pronunciation seems to improve daily. Alot of my scrapbooking these days is focused on these moments.

Shane spent alot of time outside this summer. One of his favorite activities was wandering around the backyard following Nittany and playing with sticks. That's what boys are supposed to do, right?

This layout uses Crate Paper Seasons papers and cardstock stickers in combination with some papers from We R Memorykeepers and MME Pennylane that were part of a MemoryWorks kit. I was not happy with the CP stickers because the adhesive was non-existent. I had really wanted the chipboard stickers but I couldn't find them locally.

This next layout has a picture that was taken early in the summer. I'm not sure where it was or why Shane was in such a joyous state, but it gives me so much pleasure to see him like this. It's the way all little boys should be!

The background papers (little blue and green) are Basic Grey. The patterned papers are Scribble Scrabble's Lullabye of Birdland. I picked these up on my first trip to Scrap Chic Boutique in Decatur, GA. The cutouts at the top of the page are accented with Sassafras Lass stickers from the Sunshine Lollipops line. The felt dog is a BG June Bug Woolie. The poem was something I picked up at Scrapbook Expo and was holding onto for the perfect project.

My latest project to showcase Shane's inquistive and sometimes mischevious personality is a mini book I've titled "Little Monster." Here is a shot of the supplies I've gathered.

It's going to be built on Sassafras Lass' Monstrosity line and I'll use a variety of embellishments. Here's a preview of the cover.


I'll leave you with this part shot.

Shane was really enjoying this cookie, but he was only nibbling on it. When it came time to get in the car, I "accidentally" bumped his hand and the cookie fell on the ground. He was not very happy with me, but everyone else thought it was pretty funny!

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Maria Elena said...

Ohhh Carly... So cute those layout ! and pics too, your boy is so cute !!!! Love it !!!
You have a very nice blog.... See you soon girl! Maria Elena.-

AndreaFriebus said...

Oh wow! These are such beautiful pages!The "Happy" layout is so cute. I just had an idea about scrapping the photo of the cookie. The Cosmo Cricket Early Bird paper has an element that says "Hey Cookie."