Weekly Shopping Update

Those darn Michael's 50% off coupons. I collected 6 of them last week, plus the one from the Sunday ad. Of course I am compelled to use all of them, but I made a rule to not buy anything less than $10. The beauty is they can be used at Joann's or Michael's. Here's what I bought:

The brand new Basic Grey 2010 Calendar Kit designed by Kelly Goree. Original price is $20.


Snap 'n Stack 3 section portable storage perfect for bringing embellishments to a crop. Original price $10. I've also been using the individual trays to hold the sets of embellishments and scraps I gather to work on a specific project.

Life is a journey Tim Holtz clear acrylic stamps. Original price $15. I can't find them online which makes me think they are a M's exclusive.

Some other big-ticket items one could use these coupons for:
Border or shape punches
Sakura, American Crafts or Marvy art pen sets
Paper packs with an original price of $20 or more

While I was shopping, I couldn't resist picking up some good deals too. Michael's is clearancing out the remainder of products from Making Memories Vintage Findings and Autumn Splendor lines. They also have Martha Stewart Halloween punches on clearance. Regular Martha Stewart products including the new Christmas line are 30% off this week.

Hobby Lobby didn't have much on sale. I was relieved to see my store had restocked BG Lemonade and Porcelain paper packs after being bought out a few weeks ago during the 50% off promo. I came across an olio rub-on book from the BG Sultry line is the clearance bin. It was $2.50 a $4 discount.

I didn't anything really interesting at Joann in the scrapbooking supplies this week. I did see the home decor items for fall/Halloween are on big clearance. Iris and Sterlite storage are 40% off. Die Cuts with a View paper stacks are buy one get one. $10 each is a good price, but I wouldn't commit to 2 sets of 50+ 12x12 papers. There are typically only a few gems amongst the so-so in them.

My most recent trip to Archiver's was last Friday evening. It was not a fruitful visit. I managed to lose the 6 coupons I received in the mail the week before. I got kicked out of the workroom because Scrap Mania was going on and apparently you can't use their space if you haven't paid up. In my brief look around, I didn't see anything new and of interest.

Thanks for reading.

1 comments:

AndreaFriebus said...

Love those coupons. I almost always use mine on adhesive.