Busy Organizing

I hope you all enjoyed the holiday and spent quality time with friends and family like I did. It was busy and full of fun, but didn't leave much time for scrapbooking. Saturday I devoted the majority of my day to one of my favorite pastimes, shopping! On my list of places to stop were the 3 big box craft stores, Ikea, and Phipps Mall. The big boxes were doing their usual sales. Michael's was offering 50% coupons with a purchase last week. I have a few, but didn't find anything I wanted. All rubber stamps are 40% off and I picked up 2 from Hero Arts.

The first organization product I was looking for was the Making Memories tool carousel. The retail price is between $40-50. With a coupon I picked one up at Hobby Lobby for just under $25. I was really surprised by just how many supplies you can fit in it.

My main goal for visiting Ikea was to find organizers for my Expedit bookcase. I've posted some pictures of it in my new scrap space aka the living. I just love it. I think it's a great piece of furniture, and it's completely functional. I've always wanted built-in cabinets for that room, and that is an excellent low-cost no construction required option. I picked up a 2-drawer add-on that fits in one of the cubes. I also picked up these chic boxes for $10 each and 2 sets of mesh wire magazine files for $7 each. Once the drawers are installed I'll post new pics. It's a work in progress.

By far my new favorite scrapbook organizers are made by Snapware. Their Craft Snap 'n Stack cases are really handy. I have various round and rectangular containers to store embellishments, stamps, ink pads, and various other small items. They are a great addition to Sterlite boxes.

There are always posts on 2 Peas in a Bucket and other crafting websites about how to organize scrapbook items and the best products. I've found what it really comes down to is trial and error. I have a box of organizers I bought or acquired that I tried and tossed. Also, as your crafting interests change, the kinds of organizers you need may change too.

Thanks for reading.

0 comments: