New products and projects

Here I was thinking November and December would be a quiet time for scrapbooking but I was wrong. This post is going to be a catch-up. First some shopping updates:

2Peas: I broke down placed an order last week. They just had too many new great products and I couldn't resist. I'll be getting papers from MME Life Stories, Prima Bloomin Retro papers and flowers, a Hero Arts Ltd Ed stamp, Studio Calico Home Front stickers, Gypsy stickers from 7Gs. Of course the minute I hit submitted, new great stuff came out. The new Venice line from 7Gs, and AC Letterbox. You may know I am not a fan of AC papers, but this one is on my "wanted" list.

Archivers: A trip up to the Buford store was nearly a waste until I stumbled upon the awesome new GCD Urban Artsy line.




These are called Inspiration Cards.


This one is a dead ringer for an ATC.


EMI: New to the store are Pink Paislee Cupid, Webster's Pages Winter Wings And Home For The Holidays. They recently announced weekly specials on in-store products. I am loving the weekly Friday night crops!

Joann, Michael's, Hobby Lobby: I can sum up the news in 2 words: coupons and Christmas. All 3 big boxes have plenty of coupons to use on regular price items. I've received mailers from Js and Ms in the past week. Christmas products are discounted 30-60%.

One more shopping note. Jenny Gropp from Impressive Ideas tells me they have ordered some really neat new ATC stamps from a company called Innovative Stamps. They should be available before the holiday.

I've beenworking on several projects over the past two weeks. I apologize because I don't have pictures to share for all of them. I made my first altered item. It's a 6x9 wooden plaque I've decked out in Bo Bunny Grease Monkey for the door to Shane's room. The edges are painted with bright orange and black acrylic paint. Lots of fun, really easy. Something I would definitely do again. Another project is an 8x8 paper album for a new baby. A coworker is expecting her first grandchild, and I offered to make her a custom album. It's similar to the fall album I made for the office gift swap.

I worked on 2 projects at the EMI crop. The first was a 2 page layout I'm putting together for the December Cosmo Cricket scrapbook.com challenge. The theme is to create your best ever layout with CC products. My interprettation is to use as many different CC papers and products as I can. Here are sneaks of the pages.



The pictures are all from Shane's visit to the zoo in October The paper lines I've included are Earth Love, Boyfriend, Nutmeg, and Early Bird.

When I bought a Jenni Bowlin mini kit it came with a pack of the 4x4 mini papers for the Red and Black Extension line. I covered the scallop edge chipboard pages of this Creative Imaginations mini book with the papers.

If the picture looks blurry, that's my poor photography skills, not your vision! I plan to put some of my ATC cards in it.

I'll have some layouts to post later this week. Thanks for reading!

0 comments: