Shopping and Hanukkah

We're another week closer to the holidays. I don't know about you, but the past 2 have been filled with shopping and preparations. My family celebrates Hanukkah, and it begins at sundown tonight. Shane isn't old enough to know it's coming or request certain gifts, but we have more than enough to celebrate. We'll be take lots of pictures and I'll try to share them throughout the 8 "crazy" nights.

I mentioned earlier this week that I've been doing quite a bit of shopping. Atlanta has several locally owned scrapbooking and stamping stores. Scrap Chic Boutique in Decatur is a far drive, but I've done it a few times. I was enticed by their holiday blog sale which offered 40% off anything in the store. Here is what I got.

What's not shown are some papers from the Graphic 45 Renaissance Faire line. I already used letters from the Nutmeg chipboard. Really like those. The Buzz and Bloom alpha set was very expensive, so I'm going to have to save them for a special project.

Yesterday I received my 2 Peas box.

This order had a good mix of embellishments. The stamp is called "Limited Edition" by Hero Arts.

The paper lines shown here are Prima Bloomin' Retro with the coordinating flowers, and My Mind's Eye Life Stories with 2 journaling cards. In an effort to be cost-conscious, I didn't order the entire Life Stories line. I only selected a few of the patterns and decided to forgo the 12x12 journaling-type papers. I did the same with the Prima line. Peaking out of the corner is an 8x8 paper pack from Making Memories Great Escape line. You may see those in a travel or vacation album next summer.

I haven't had an opportunity to visit the big boxes this week. If you're into Christmas decorations, that seems to be where the best deals are. I'm hoping they each receive some new products after the first of the year.

EMI posted they'll have the new Venice line and other products from 7 Gypsies next week. They just received the holiday collections from Webster's Pages. I'm already refilling my 2 Peas cart with American Crafts' Letterbox and Bo Bunny Snowy Serenade (which is also available at Archiver's) .

I hope you have a great weekend filled with family, shopping, scrapping and whatever else you enjoy. Thanks for reading.

0 comments: