Weekly Shopping Update

Hope you had a great weekend. Ours was spent celebrating the beginning of Hanukkah with friends and family. Shane got his very own vacuum (or ba-koom) is he likes to call it, and too many other gifts to mention. I gave Adam a trendy watch, and our family gift was a new Canon S90 Powershot camera. Can't wait to see how pictures come out with this spiffy new camera.

In between the wrapping paper, latkes (potato pancakes) and socializing, I did find some time to shop and scrap. At EMI's evening crop, I picked the latest line, Venice, from 7 Gypsies.

There is a role of Venice gaffer tape, and the 97% complete sticker sheet called Nest, and new gaffer tape with vintage writing.

The store had tons of new lines from Kaisercraft including Christmas Spirit, which are the triangle, dot and blue/pink papers in the middle of this set. EMI also just received the holiday lines from Webster's Pages. I have sheet in the middle with pink, blue and green polka dots.

Here is my collection of papers for Hanukkah layouts. The far right is a piece from Bo Bunny's limited edition glittered Snowy Serenade line. That came from Impressive Ideas in Roswell. The blue papers on the far left are Creative Memories and EK Success.

Another line at EMI is My Mind's Eye Breaking Free. This was a summer line, but it can be used to scrap boy or girl pictures in addition to the typically family, camping and beach trips.

I'm using these papers to create a layout for the MME Blog Sketch Challenge. You can see a sliver of my layout in progress above on the far right. The picture is me holding Shane in our Hawaiian shirts at my brother-in-law's engagement party over Labor Day 2008. It's fun to go back and use some pictures from a year ago.

I did stop into Joann's this past weekend. My only scrappy purchase was a few sheets of Coordinations Cardstock. Michael's has several cool scrapbooking calendar kits if you're in need of a quick customized gift. Cricut cartridges are $39.99 at Hobby Lobby this week. That's a pretty good deal.

On a sad note, I read over at Papercrafterscorner that J and J designs, an online scrapbooking store based in Atlanta, is closing its doors. How sad. I've purchased from them, and I wish the crew over there the best of luck.

Look for another post coming up with lots of new projects. Thanks for reading.

1 comments:

Joy-N-Jesus said...

wow! Those are some beautys!