My Birthday Gifts

Yesterday was my 31st birthday. I enjoyed the day, and got some scrapbooking gifts I thought I would share. One of Stampington & Company's many publications is a semi-annual magainze called Somerset Memories. A few weeks ago I ordered 2 of the most recent back issues. They are filled with beautiful pages and projects. Many of the scrapbookers including in the magazine are artists in their own right. They have incorporated painting, fabrics and metals into amazing memory-based creations. While the projects are complex and rich in texture they are great examples of what can be done applying creativity to paper and glue. I highly recommend you look for the Spring edition.

My wonderful husband presented me with a gift card to Joann in my birthday card. Speaking of Joann. They are clearancing quite a few products in the scrapbooking section this week. My hope is this is in anticipation of new products coming in post-CHA.

I think I've written before that I am not a stamper. I struggle constantly with getting the images just right. Acrylic stamps are quite popular these days. They are cheaper than wood handle stamps, and much easier to store. I've tried working with them unsuccessfully on many occasions. I have 1 set from Basic Grey's Marrakech line that I really like. I have a modest collection of red rubber wood stamps. Most of them are from Hero Arts. Something that company recently introduced are Clings. There are remountable red rubber cling stamps. So you get the benefits of acrylic and the lower price point, but eliminate the storage issue. I recently purchased this set of flowers at Impressive Ideas.

I ordered these sentiments too.

They are extremely versatile. I can use just the frame, just the sentiment or both.

One last scrapping birthday gift was the new Basic Grey Origins collection. I've already created my first layout. Unfortunately I can't share it with you yet because I've submitted it to a PageMaps contest. I hope to reveal it next month.

Thanks for reading.

0 comments: