Showing off ATCs

It’s been a while since I shared some ATCs. I haven’t been cranking out hundreds, but I make a few here and there. I was really pleased with my first swap experience. The theme was exotic beauties. I sent 2 ATCs to the organizer and received back these 3.

I’m now entered in a swap with the theme favorite music. I have a concept I want to try using album cover art I printed. The artists I selected are Tom Petty, Alanis Morisette, Lady Gaga, Neil Diamond, and Coldplay. Who knows how it will turn out!

As I’ve accumulated these ATCs the question I have is how to store or display them. The most common thing people do is slide them into the 9 slot baseball card trading sheets. That’s practical and does a nice job of protecting these mini artworks. I wanted to have something customized. 7 Gypsies and Maya Road make several tins and boxes that can be altered to hold and display ATCs. The most well known is probably the ATC Carousel from 7 Gypsies


Some other nice products are this cardstock matchbox from 7 Gypsies and the Maya Road card box.


The first mini book I created for my ATCs started with a 4x4 scallop edge mini book from Creative Imaginations.


Jenni Bowlin 4x4 mini papers from the Red/Black Extension II line. After covering the inside pages and using 7 Gypsies paper tape across the seams, I added an ATC to one page and embellished the opposite page with die cuts and stickers from Graphic 45, 7 Gypsies and Making Memories. I covered the outside of the book with a single sheet of Graphic 45 red and black plaid paper. Here are a few of the finished pages.

Now I’m working on another altered chipboard project for displaying ATCs. This one uses a Maya Road mixed and the new Venice line from 7 Gypsies. All the ATCs I’m using are newly created, and I’m trying out some new techniques for this project like embossing and eyelet setting.


If you have pictures of altered books you’ve made to display your ATCs, I’d love to see them! Thanks for reading.

0 comments: