New Basic Grey Projects

A few weeks ago I purchased Basic Grey's Origins line. I've really enjoyed creating with it. So far I have 3 layouts, but I have not yet been able to share them with you. This 4th one is in progress. Here is a preview.


One evening my dad and mom were over. In effort to get Shane to dance, my dad thought he'd show him a few moves. Up until now, I've exclusively used Origins products with exception of the alphas. For this project, I went with a dark orange cardstock background, and some complimentary non-Basic Grey products from my stash. The tag is 7 Gypsies, the brad is Bo Bunny, and the glitter chipboard is Pink Paislee. You might also notice that I outlined part of the scallop diecut paper with cinnamon Stickles. There are quite a few other products in the remainder of the layout. More to come on that.

In the fall I purchased a Basic Grey Nook and Pantry mini album kit. I have quite a few papers from the mini deck leftover, and I decided to put them into a new inspiration mini. For my mini books, I always start by selecting a primary paper line and shopping my stash for complimentary papers and embellishments. Here is the pile of products I've accumulated.

Then I go through the somewhat tedious process of covering, trimming and sanding each chipboard album page.

Once I make a page or two I get a feel for the direction I'd like the mini to take. This one is going to be about dreams. Here is a closeup of the first page I completed.

I don't work on these books every day. This one could take me anywhere from a week to a month or more to complete. It's just whenever the inspiration strikes. I also have another mini book in progress. It's a photo mini, and it's almost done. Mini books are nice projects because you can tackle a small section at a time. I always feel pressure to finish layouts I've started and begin layouts on my to do list.

Rumor has it that 2 of Basic Grey's new 2010 lines, Kioshi and Green at Heart, will be available later this month. They aren't my two favorites, so I'm not sure if you'll see me making projects with those products. I am really excited for Max and Whiskers and Capella. Both will be released in April.

I hope you're enjoying your Basic Grey products. I'd love to see some of your projects. Post a link when you leave a comment. Thanks for reading!

0 comments: