Organizing and creating

Whenever I get an influx of new products, it makes me a little antsy. I start reorganzing some of my scrap space. Once I change one thing, I feel compelled to change other pieces. I've added some new organizers to my system. I've pulled out a few adapted USPS boxes to hold older paper lines I'm still using. This frees up space in my 12x12 drawers for the new stuff. I absolutely love the drawer set I bought for my Expedit. I need to get back to IKEA for another one. They are $30 each and a pain to build, but really handy.

These shelves are closest to my desk. I found a Sterlite mini drawer organizer that has 5 slots. It's a great find because the 3 drawer ones are too wide to sit side by side in a cube and too tall to stack. I migrated all of my chipboard pieces (Basic Grey, Cosmo Cricket, Pebbles chips, K and Co and others) into these slots. That freed up nearly 1/2 of the other mini drawers, which are sitting on my desk (again). The magazine holder is perfect for all those 6 x 12 sheets.

I simply cannot make up my mind if I prefer having these items on my workspace or not. At the moment, here they sit along with my tool carousel, which I'm still loving. Now that I've migrated the chipboard, these drawers are free to hold cards and ephemera, journaling spots and journaling stickers, word stickers, die cuts, rubons and transparencies. Small layering embellishments are such a hassle for me to keep organized! Anything from dimensional stickers, gems, buttons, layered flowers, or small die cuts. The narrow organizer hold all of my Thickers set.

Another good storage find was at Archiver's. They've started carrying the iCube system. I got my set from Costco for a bargain last year. Unfortunately I think they've discontinued carrying it. The set of orange fabric quarter bins I bought were only $7.50 for 2. They are sturdier than the plastic drawers

One of the bins in now home to all of my smaller Sassafras embellishments and paper scraps. The other is empty (imagine that). I'm sure I'll find a way to put it to good use!

My scene stamping friend invited me over to her house for a stamping and embossing lesson recently. Here are some samples we (she) created.

The card on the left was created with 7 Gypsies Venice paper and a Hero Arts Cling stamp. The embossed and glittered flower was a Hero Arts wood mount stamp embossed with pigment ink with gold fine detail powder. We added the glitter after using a Sakura glue stick pen and some ultra fine glitter. I bought some supplies to try this technique at home. The other embossed image was created by accident when I mixed some red and aqua embossing powder together. It came out pretty cool. We used the cat w/books stamp to get me started on some ATCs.

Thanks for reading.

0 comments: