This and that

Sometimes a lazy weekend without plans is just what you need to come back to the work week feeling relaxed and recharged. Of course my weekends are never that lazy without a toddler to keep track of, and I always try to get in some scrapping!

Joann had the new scrapbooking lines from Colorbox, and K and Co 40% when I stopped by on Saturday. I also picked up a few new embellishments from EMI at the evening crop.

I'm working on 2 layouts at the moment. The first is with my collection of October Afternoon Report Card papers and embellishments. I really like their Wild Cards and journaling stickers sheets. I think it's a non-traditional layout because it's school related, but not how one might think. This picture was taken on a trip Adam and I made to Penn State for a football game in 2003.

I'd always wanted to be one of those Alumni who climb up on the Nittany Lions for a cheesy photo. How about this one?!


Here's a sneak of the layout.


I really like the Jenni Bowlin Mini Paper sets that come out with each paper collection. I used the Red and Black Extension Line papers for this mini book last fall.

I hand-covered and trimmed all the pages and edges. This time I decided to take a shortcut. Using a Sizzix Big Kick and I 3 1/2" scallop circle die, I cut a bunch of chipboard pieces and papers.

This is MUCH easier than the alternative. Now I can just adhere and begin the project.

Sometimes inspiration doesn't come from the latest and greatest, but from styles of old. My friend, Andrea, shipped me a box of goodies last week and included in there was this sketch magazine from Scrapbooks, Etc.

The sketches are what you would expect from this publisher, but the layouts were different. It's especially interesting for me since I only started scrapbooking in mid-2009. The products and techniques seem less developed and complex to me. These layouts had a hint of paint or spray misting, some glitter accents but not overwhelming, things were layered but not obscured. I chose this sketch to use with some of the new Scribble Scrabble papers.

I'll share at least a sneak later this week. I have another big project I'm working on at the moment. It's my first ever opportunity to design a mini book kit for EMI Scrapbooking. They are known for their amazing, heavily embellished and highly affordable kits. Check out their work here. I can tell you it's using Bo Bunny Gypsy papers, and it has a family theme.

Check back Monday or Tuesday for a boat load of new layouts! Thanks for reading and have a great week.

0 comments: