New layout sneaks

It might seem like I haven't worked on any new projects recently. Just the opposite is true. But I will admit I haven't made many layouts. Here are some sneaks to share.

I'm experimenting with using black cardstock as background paper with bright colors and bold patterns such as Cosmo Cricket's Joyride collection. I made this layout for PageMaps ongoing A Cherry On Top layout challenge. I'll be able to share the completed page soon.


Does it look like a Halloween layout? Well you're eyes are not deceiving you. I'm going against the norms and scrapping Halloween pictures and papers in March. Seems like I should be able to scrap these any time of year. These are 2 paper lines I didn't get a chance to use during the holiday. The purple, green and black scallop papers from Pink Paislee Twilight. The burnt orange and pumpkin papers are from My Mind's Eye's spider web. Both lines were more mature and I wanted to use them with non-kid pictures.


I didn't include the picture from this layout in the sneak shot. Sorry to keep you in suspense. I really don't want to reveal much because you'll see it soon enough. This page was made for my debut as a Guest Designer with Liz Qualman's My Little Sketch Book blog. It'll be up next Sunday. Check back here for details.

I'm already writing 2 additional posts for my blog this week. One is going to be a ton of new product I've picked up in the past few weeks. I made a trip to Ikea today and picked up some new storage solutions for my workspace. I'll have new pics and suggestions for organization in that post towards the end of the week.

This is the end of a great weekend. We celebrated Shane's birthday with family on Friday, and with friends at the Johns Creek Fire Department on Saturday. They hosted us for a tour of their station. All the kids really enjoyed meeting the firemen and playing on the fire trucks. I was thankful they didn't get an emergency call! I'll have some pics from the festivities later this week.

One last thing I almost forgot. I have a big, huge, no enormous, announcement to make. It's scrapbooking related, so don't start thinking I've got a bun in the oven! More info tomorrow! Thanks for reading.

Thanks for reading!

0 comments: