New Layouts in my Peas Gallery

This morning I added 5 new projects to my 2 Peas Gallery. Here are the layouts with a few details.

In January I had an opportunity to go to a scrapbooking treat. My primary focus was completing a mini book kit. In my free time, I created a few layouts.

This layout was based on a Pencil Lines sketch. In stead of using all patterned papers for the layering, I picked out a few bingo cards. Just something different. The papers are Bo Bunny Persuasion and MME Life Stories. The floral border is from K and Co 's Handmade line.


I paired a sketch from Let's Capture Our Memories with Fancy Pant's fall 2009 line, Rough and Tough. This layout was really alot of fun to make. I happen to bring my Martha Stewart Loops border punch, and the pattern matched the paper perfectly!


This layout is special to me because my grandmother passed away not even a year ago. She had a full life with three children, 6 grandchildren, and 5 great grandchilden. Unfortunately the last year she was very ill, and we were sad but relieved for her to leave us.


Occasionally I prepare layouts for my local scrapbooking store, EMI. In December they received quite a few new lines from Kaisercraft. I used one of them to make this layout. The only matching embellishments are the brads. The die cuts came from My Mind's Eye's Bloom paper kit, which came out in spring 2009. I also added a few gems and a Jenni Bowlin baby boy bingo card. It's a super cute layout.


Even though a scrap tons of pictures of my son, Shane, I typically don't create very kid-boy layouts. This is a one of those rare occasions. Fancy Pants' winter release included a line called Frosted. I picked up a few sheets including this blue die cut at Archiver's. All the graphics stickers are from American Crafts' Junior line. I had fun adding tiny dots of Stickles to the fabric covered Thickers alpha letters for a little extra bling.


Another thing I don't get to scrap often are little girls! This is my good friend's daughter. She is incredibly adorable and sassy. I didn't snap this pic, but I saw it in a pile and asked if I could scrap it. I used Sassafrass Lass papers, chipboard, stickers and layered florals. The background paper is a sheet from My Mind's Eye Life Stories. I very rarely work with kraft paper, but I wanted to keep the focus of the layout on the picture and color in the bottom corner and I thought the muted background would help accomplish that.

Sharing 6 layouts in one post is fairly unusual for me. I made a resolution at the beginning of the year to keep up better with this, and I hope you enjoy these projects. If it's any consolation, they were only made in the past 3 months!

If you're wondering where I might put all these layouts, I saw these awesome display shelves on Mugsyboo's blog.


Thanks for reading.

0 comments: