Oops I did it again (shopping spree)

Does this happen to you? You go into a scrapbooking store and think "I'm only going to spend $15." You take a look around to familiarize yourself with what's new. Start prioritizing what you really want and what would be nice to have. If you have a coupon you're working hard to calculate the discount you'll receive based on the various combination of products now in your basket. Now it's time to check out. You've committed. It's your final answer, at least for today. The items are rung up and, whew, $14.75. You manage to come in under budget, and you're proud of yourself. The only problem is, if you're like me, you repeat this process a couple of times every week or two.

I'm addicted. I admit it. Are you surprised? There are simply too many wonderful products out there, and too many pictures to be scrapped. Enough excuses. Here's the damage.

Lots of layered flower stickers. The 2 on the right came from Hobby Lobby when the dimensional embellishments were 30% off. The remarks ones were part of a sordid online order I placed late one evening at 2 Peas. I had a coupon!


The 7 Gypsies stickers are 2 of the new 2010 styles. They came from Scrap Chic Boutique in Decatur. Floral epoxies are from SEI's new Jocelyn line. I ordered them from 2 Peas. They are also available at Impressive Ideas. The pastel epoxy stickers are from Little Yellow Bicycles' Clothesline collection.

The chipboard album is a new one from Maya Road. Adorable and perfect for a gift.

I've never tried Basic Brey's Bling It gem designs before. Archiver's had a few varieties in the Hot Spot for $2. Even then they seem a bit expensive. I tried to pick ones that had more than 1 in the pack. In contrast the Prima Pebbles are an excellent value. There are 8 dimensional clear gems per pack and the cost is $2. Can't beat that.

The Prima flowers on the right were a splurge. $5 for this pack of 4. I felt like that was a fair price for how intricate each blossom is. Some of their products are $5 for only 1 flower.

There are so many fantastic paper lines coming out in March and April. When I can't afford to buy an entire collection for $20 or more, I pick out a few papers I really like. That's what I did with Cosmo Cricket's Material Girl on the left, and Basic Grey Kioshi on the right.

I skipped the embellishments all together for Cosmo. The Basic Grey Element Stickers sheet (not shown) is a good deal for $3.

It's common knowledge that I have a weakness for Sassafras Lass. But have you noticed I haven't posted any projects or sneaks with the new papers? I simply don't know what to do with them. So what do I do? I decide to buy some Nerdy Bird. It was the one line in the release I was abstaining from.

I justified this purchase by telling myself they additional patterned papers would inspire me to combine the lines together in projects. The cardstock glitter alphas shown above are a great price for $2 at Scrap Chic. Peas had them listed for $3.50 which I think is highway robbery!

If you haven't had time or money to shop for new scrapbooking goodies, feel free to live vicariously through me. Thanks for reading!

0 comments: