News and favorite Shane layouts

Hi all. I have been a bit abscent from the blog, but I have been scrapping. First I wanted to share a few layouts I've made in recent months.

This is one of my favorite Shane layouts. The patterned paper and stickers are Basic Grey Lime Rickey. It's not my favorite line but I like it in small doses. The layered flower is built on a Jillibean Soup journaling sprout and I embellished it with Stickles and a fabric K and Co brad.

This is another of my top 5 fav Shane layouts. This one also uses Basic Grey. The line is Periphery. Definitely a vintage one. The flower stacks are a combination of Prima paper flowers and Sassafras Lass paper whimsies. Great products. The "easy to love" title is from a set of GCD Urban Artsy inspriation cards. Love those.


One more favorite Shane layout. This is one I put together for the Pencil Lines design team call at the end of 2009. I really enjoy their sketches. While I didn't get selected for the DT, I did have a ton of fun making this layout. The pictures are Shane getting to know his new cousin, Eli. The paper is Bo Bunny's Gypsy line. Not necessarily one you'd think to pair with baby pictures, but I just love how it turned out. I didn't have any Gyspy embellishments but I borrowed some stickers and brads from Basic Grey Marrakech. Turns out they have very similar color schemes. There are also a few tiny paper embellishments from Crate Paper Seasons.

Now for the news. One of my layouts has been selected for the Special Relationships chapter of a new book by Making Memories. The book will include over 500 never-before-seen layouts and will be available in early 2011. I'm so excited to be part of that publication. It's also my first appearance in print.

The second piece of news is I've completely and totally lost my voice. It started about a week ago and I've been whispering since last Saturday. Bad for my day job, but good for scrapbooking! Here are a few sneaks from new projects.

Basic Grey Kioshi, Glitz Vintage Love, Pink Paislee Artisan Tape

Crafting Jewish Style Passover line


Bo Bunny Mamarazzi

Bo Bunny Sophie, American Crafts Letterbox frame and flower.

That's all from here. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

AndreaFriebus said...

you need to get your voice back so you can scream your great news about getting pubbed!!! Love your layouts--so layered and detailed!

Stacy Cohen said...

Great pages! And huge congrats on the pub!!