1 year anniversary

Hello everyone. I hope you had an enjoyable weekend. I can hardly believe we're half way through the month of May. In the south, schools let out before Memorial Day. This is their last week. It'll be nice to have a break from the morning school/work commute traffic. I don't remember there being a pronounced change where I grew up, but there certainly is here.

April marked my 1 year anniversary as a scrapbooker. Technically I started in February 2009, but April was when I went to my first LSS (local scrapbooking store) and bought what would be the final issue of Simple Scrapbooks. I found it disappointed that I discovering a hobby when it was in such a time of downturn and turmoil. In honor of this milestone, I thought I'd share one of my first real "layouts."

These are pictures of Shane and his friend Jonah. The papers are a huge mismash of companies and styles. I did use a sketch so the basic composition is there. Contrast that with a layout I did a few weeks ago using Pink Paislee's Bayberry Cottage line. The pictures are also of Jonah, 1 year older.

What a difference a year makes! My one year blogging anniversary is in July. I'll have to think of something fun to reward my loyal followers. I know you're out there!

I've had some great opportunities coming my way lately. Last month I found out 1 of my layouts was selected for a new book by Memory Makers. There will be over 500 pages featured, and it's an honor to be included. I believe the book will be available in late 2010 or early 2011. There was a large call for Hanukkah projects by Creating Keepsakes. I was able to submit several layouts, and I hope at least 1 will be included. In addition, there may be some Crafting Jewish Style products featured. Another opportunity of sorts have been the summer design team calls going on. Unfortunately, I was not selected for the Noel Mignon kit club or Glitz Designs, but I'm hopefully one of my other applications will result in an invitation.

Here are some sneaks of pages I've completed this month.

Fancy Pants My Family

Basic Grey Kioshi and Origins

Fancy Pants Roadshow


Here's a snapshot of Shane I took with my phone in the car this afternoon. Could he be cuter? I'll have some pics of a new mini book and lots of new paper lines I've been hiding! Thanks for reading.

0 comments: