NSD Projects

This past Saturday was National Scrapbooking Day. I've never participated in organized crops or events, but I did make time to create several layouts. I can't share the whole enchilada, but here are a few previews.


This layout is based on a sketch by Jana Eubank. The papers are all Basic Grey from some of the older lines. In this shot you can see Infuse, Sugared, Offbeat, Boxer and June Bug. I made the mini pennant using a Fiskars edge scissors and Jenni Bowlin stickers.


This layout is for the current Bo Bunny sketch challenge. I used a collection of different paper lines. The background paper is from Snowy Serenade. The die cut is from Gypsy. You can see some Kitchen Spice and Delilah I used Bo Bunny brads from the Persuasion line.


I probably spent the most time on this project. Several kit clubs have combined papers from Pink Paislee's Queen Bee and Crate Paper's Brook lines. I wanted to try a layout with that combination and I added in a flocked transparency from Fancy Pants' new Roadshow line.


You can't see it in this pic, but the whole reason for this layout was because I wanted to use the new sewn cardstock from We R Memory Keepers. The base of my layout is this paper.

It's a very pretty pink and the cardstock has a weave texture. The paper is a fantastic value for $1 a sheet. There are a variety of colors coordinating with each of their lines, but they work well with other products. For my layout I used papers from Crate Paper's Pink Plum, Prima's Bloomin Retro, and the title tag is Basic Grey Kioshi. This layout was important for me because I used a stamp. I know, stop the presses. I wanted to include a little journaling spot and I got the idea to stamp on a scrap of the cream pattern paper from Pink Plum. I used Dew Drop and a Basic Grey clear stamp from the Casablanca set. It really is the perfect compliment to the layout.


For all these projects, I put alot of emphasis into layering papers and defining layers. I didn't use as much pop dotting. I tried to be more selective about which elements I wanted to emphasize by bringing them forward. Looking back over these projects, I realized that I used alot of scraps and leftovers from paper lines I bought last fall. While I absolute love getting new paper lines and products, I sometimes ignore paper when I don't use it immediately. I'm glad I pulled out something that might have gone unused and created from it.

Thanks for reading.

0 comments: