It's raining goodies

Have I mentioned lately that I've been shopping? This is scrapbookers' favorite time of year. The summer trade show debuting new products for the second half of the year has passed and stores are receiving new lines almost daily. Big box stores like Joann, Michael's and Hobby Lobby are putting out seasonal products for fall. I'm trying to be a more selective shopper this season, but with all the wonderful new temptations, it's so hard! Here are a few things that made the cut.

New stickers including chipboard alphas from Cosmo Cricket and 97% complete labels from 7 Gypsies.


This line actually came out in late spring. It's Fly a Kite from October Afternoon. The papers are adorable and can be used for tons of projects.

My Mind's Eye came out with arguably the best line of CHA Summer. Lost and Found features glittered papers and embellishments. My absolute favorite thing are the brad packs. There are four different sets and at $5 each they are quite a value.


EMI just received 2 new lines from Jillibean Soup. They have totally redesigned their journaling sprouts to coordinate with the paper lines.


I've also been scooping up paper and embellishments for two big projects. These are my supplies are an album I'm making for a friend with 2 small boys.

I loved the idea of taking papers traditionally designed for July 4th and bringing them together with boy-themed embellishments. Red, white and blue are great colors for little boys.

My other project is tackling the pictures we have from our summer vacation. I've been collecting papers from various lines like Fancy Pants Rusted Sun, Bella Blvd All Inclusive, and Making Memories Panorama. When I went to make my first layout, I discovered I had very few embellishments. I allowed myself a small shopping spree, and came back with these.

Most of these were $1 and $2 items, so I didn't feel too bad.

I look forward to sharing these projects with you. Have a great week! Thanks for reading.

1 comments:

pjp said...

Carly:

OK, when it comes to shopping, you're not as bad as I am, but you're getting there ;-)

I totally agree with you about the MME Lost & Found brad packs being a great deal. Of course, I paid over 6 bucks for 'em on this side of the border, but that's pretty typical, unfortunately.