Great summer products

Like most scrappers I love getting the latest and greatest products. Typically I go after product lines and embellishments first. This is especially try when it comes to Summer and Halloween themed collections. So far this year my must-haves are:

Pink Paislee Hometown Summer paired with Simple Stories 100 Days of Summer

Some papers, chipboard elements and adhesive banners and borders were my picks from Hometown Summer. The element stickers and flash cards cutouts were must haves from 100 Days of Summer, along with some of the patterned papers.

Webster's Pages Yacht Club

I find their products difficult to work with, but this line was just too cute to pass up. The journaling cards are great and can be used with many types of projects. I love Webster's new chipboard buttons and fabric tickets.

Cosmo Cricket Salt Air

I always like Cosmo's products, and I got some of all 4 lines they released in 2011 including this summer one. I wasn't really into scrapping when their last beach line, Snorkel, came out. So I didn't want to miss out. In addition to the patterned papers, borders and elements I grabbed the element sticker sheet, buttons and the super hard to find diecut butterflies. If I was more into stamping I would've bought the Unity Stamps sets that corresponded. They were reasonably priced under $10.

7Gypsies Mykonos
My last pick was a surprise even to me. I've not loved what 7 Gypsies brought out in late 2010 and winter 2011. But I do love bright primary colors and geometric patterns, and Mykonos has both of those.

What I particularly like about these patterned papers is there are sections that really lend themselves to being cut out or if you use the entire piece some already have a layered effect. Similar to what Sassafras Lass has been doing recently. The only drawback is no great embellishments. Not even stickers. I've got enough in my summer stash so there will be plenty to choose from, and I imagine these papers will get mixed with other lines.

I want to give Echo Park's Splash line an honorable mention. I passed on the patterned papers, but needed the stickers, cards and borders.

I have some pictures from Summer 2010, but I'll be using most of this product with Summer 2011 photos, so it'll be awhile till the pages debut here. Thanks for reading.

0 comments: