What can I do with my leftovers?

My last post was about all the great new summer scrapbooking products out there. Well, if you're like me, I collect (read hoard) products for certain themes. Summer, Halloween, and boy are my biggest vices. I have separate bins storing all kinds of papers, products and embellies for these 3 types. The collections are amassed in 2 basic ways. When I buy new product, and I've used as much as I want for layouts the leftovers go into a bin. Or if I see products for one of these themes on sale or deeply discounted (usually older releases) I'll buy a whack of it. That's what my friend Peggy calls it.

If you could get a peak in my summer collection stash, you'd find papers from Bella Blvd All Inclusive, Disney cruise stuff, Making Memories Great Escape, Fancy Pants Rusted Sun, Webster's Garden Gala, October Afternoon Seaside Retreat, Pink Paislee Hometown Summer, and Simple Stories 100 Days of Summer. Embellishments are an even bigger mix. Many are the remainder of what I purchased with a line but some are little finds that were on sale or just caught my eye like American Crafts Heat Wave layered glittered stickers. Whenever I make layouts or projects with summer photos I shop this collection of products.

Last night I took out this journaling book by Fancy Pants.

There are a generous number of journaling pages in various shapes and sizes. They are alittle too large to use on my 12x12 layouts, but I came up with a great way to turn them into alittle flip book. Here is the cover.

I tore out all the pages then folded the larger ones nearly in half as shown below. On the backside of the large paper, I glued down the outer edges but left the right edge open to serve as a pocket for journaling cards or memorabilia.

The ones with the same shape like the scallop edge circle I glued together like the one above. Below is the backside.

In addition to pictures, I used rubons and stickers from the Rusted Sun line, and summer/beach themed chipboard from K and Co. Here are the other pages and the back.



The last step was to punch a single hole in the upper left corner of each page and secure the pages with a binder ring. I'm a notoriously slow scrapper, but this project took me less than 2 hours. One of the reasons was because I had all my summer supplies together when I started. I also kept the page size small (under 4x4) and used only a few pictures. The result is a super cute brag book I can keep in my purse and share with friends.

Thanks for reading. Have a happy Fourth of July!

0 comments: